Wednesday, 1 June 2016

Internet Abbrevations

An abbreviation is a shortened form of the word or phrase, providing ease in texting especially in twitter and SMS. 

So I googled up a bit and found an interesting bunch of modern Internet abbreviations.

BISLY - But I Still Love You
ITSFWI - If the Shoe fits, wear it!
BFF - Best friends, forever!
WIBAMU - Well, I'll be a Monkey's Uncle!
BTAIM - Be That As it May
TTYL - Talk to you later
IIRC - If I recall correctly
AFAIK - As far as I Know
WRT - With Respect to
NSFW - Not safe for workplace viewing
NWT - New with Tags
OTOH - On the other hand
AFK - Away from Keyboard
ASL - Age/ Sex/ Location
TPTB - The powers that Be
JMHO - Just my Humble Opinion
IMHO - In my Humble Opinion
OATUS - On a totally unrelated Subject
PMFJI - Pardon Me for Jumping In
SFSG - So Far, So Good.
TC - Take care
BTHOM - Beats the Hell Out of Me
O RLY - Oh, Really (sarcasm)
OP - The Original Poster (who started this discussion thread)
WB - Welcome Back
IDK - I don't know
LBW - Love and Best Wishes
OOAK - One of a kind
MEGO - My Eyes glaze over.
IBTL - In Before the Lock!
BBIAB - Be Back in a Bit
SASA - Short and Sweet Reply
YMMV - Your Mileage may vary
MTFBWY - May the Force be with you
NIMBY - Not in My Back Yard
MT - Mistell (mistaken chat message, please disregard)
AMAIR - As much as I recall.
KISS - Keep it short and simple


Hope this post was useful.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for sharing, i was getting trouble while talking with people in social sites. it will help for sure.

    ReplyDelete